Sunday 16 December 2012

Snow in the Dining Room

Happy Sunday, friends.  Are you feeling the rush of the holidays close in on you?  I sure am and have lots of catching up to do this week!
Do you live in an area where you get snow?  Growing up in Virginia, we got our fair share of it.  I truly miss it ... especially how beautiful it made everything look, especially the trees.  Because we hardly ever get snow here in SC, I simply had to bring it into our holiday decor *some*how again this year:


And, even if my version of snow consists of store bought *faux* bags of it (from Michael's), I'll take it!  It's good to improvise, right?


A long mirror from Wal-Mart serves as the perfect runner and "base" to hold the snow:


Pretty *snow*flake plates (from Target) also make a return appearance this year.  I was excited to see that, not only did they bring back the collection this year, but that they added bowls, too:


Snowy pinecone "sprays" add a bit of fun to the backs of the dining chairs:


The sparkle and snow continues over on the buffet:



Annnd, tucked in a corner sits one of my favorite trees ... a flocked one!




Don't you just love how the branches are dripping with snow?


And, how it really makes everything glow at night:


Glittery branches top it all off:



Of course, I love the nighttime ambiance:




I wonder how many bags it would take to cover our house and yard with it for Christmas?!  Hmmmm.  I will truly be envious of those of you who get to enjoy a *real* White Christmas!

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Come and join the fun,

A Stroll Thru Life/Tabletop Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
Coastal Charm/Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment