Wednesday 19 December 2012

Christmas Whimsy in the Kitchen

When I was a chubby, little girl, I would've loved to have had a Christmas kitchen, full of whimsy, complete with a tree on the island,
 
 
 
and tiny elves climbing a ladder to help "decorate,"

 
by covering the tree with ornaments made of faux candies, miniature cookie sheets and lots of yummy treats ...


and, where Mrs. Claus was waiting to offer you a gingerbread cookie.


When I was a chubby, little girl, I would've loved to have had a chalkboard on the pantry door, wishing everyone a happy *holly*day:

 
and, a yummy candy bar to sneak sweets ...


unless, this little gal tried to stop me.


When I was chubby, little girl, I would've loved to have had a Christmas kitchen with canisters full of a couple of the things you'd need to make holiday cookies ...


and little vignettes splashed everywhere to make me smile ...





I would've loved to have had a soffit covered with snow-filled garland, revealing another sign of the season ...



and, other signs and sayings splashed around, too:



As I decorate my kitchen every Christmas, I dedicate it to that pudgy, little girl who wanted a colorful and festive kitchen, dressed for the holidays.  And, what fun it is that I can now attempt to create that for my sweet baby boy, who isn't so little anymore:


I just hope he enjoys it!

 
Thanks so much for stopping by,
 
I'm joining:
 
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Coastal Charm/Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
 


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment