Tuesday 20 December 2011

Whimsical Christmas Kitchen ...

I like to keep things fun and whimsical in the kitchen each year!  So, feel free to take a peek around:

I've added this tree to our island for the past few years ... I always love adding a bit of the unexpected ... too bad the middle section of lights *just* went out ... bummer!


I dressed the tree in lots of gingerbread ornaments, cookie cutters, Christmas note cards and other whimsical ornaments:



Little elves are scattered about ... this little cutie climbed up on the ladder and helped me decorate the tree:


This little elf is perched on top of a canister filled with snow and ornaments!  The other canisters hold inexpensive candy canes and sweet treats!


And, *this* little Elf is taking a bath in more sweet treats!


I LOVED being able to add Christmas whimsy to the shelves that I made this past Fall!



I'm big on adding things in kitchen canisters OTHER than sugar and flour! Adding inexpensive cookie cutters is a fun way to add Christmas color to any kitchen!


This simple vignette sits on the counter below:


On the other side of the kitchen, I added red trees, garland, oversized snowflakes and a chalkboard to the soffit:



And, down below, I have one of my most favorite pictures ... Jax (when he was 3) taking a walk with Santa.  Still makes me tear up when I pull it out of the box every year.


I hope all of you are enjoying a wonderful holiday season! 


As always, thank you so much for stopping by!

I'm linking up with:

Savvy Southern Style/WUW
At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday





0 comments:

Post a Comment