Saturday 10 December 2011

Silver and Gold ... Silver and Gold ...

are you thinking of Burl Ives singing that classic Christmas tune?  It's stuck in my head now!

As many of you know, the super talented sisters, Vanessa and Heather (of their amazing blog, At the Picket Fence), are the brains behind a fabulous Blogger Block Party that's going on right now!!  Unfortunately, I'm a bit behind in participating, but the creativity I've seen linked up to the fun is beyond amazing!  Be sure you visit!

Welcome to our dining room decked out in ... you guessed it ... silver and gold!  


Starting with our chairs, I simply attached faux poinsettia sprays to the back:


Up on the table, I layered a mirror from Wal-Mart as my base and then added ornaments, candles and a glittery set of reindeer (from Cracker Barrel) (I also added crystals from Wal Mart after taking this picture):


Love the reflection of the candles in the mirror:


Simple place settings are done with silver chargers, white plates and silver and white snowflake plates (from Target):


Over on the buffet, I sprinkled lots of pretty faux snow and added my two fleur-de-lis urns, glass and more ornaments:


I added more snowflake plates on the shelves, along with snow tipped greenery:


Of course, I HAD to add a Christmas tree in here ... but, not just any tree ... 


... a snow covered or "flocked" tree, as we like to call it.  I was thrilled to find it at Wal-Mart for a super reasonable price!


It's COVERED in thick, beautiful *snow*:



Love the view from the kitchen:


And, okay, from the great room, as well!


As always, thanks SO much for stopping by! 

I'm linking up with:

No Minimalist Here/Holiday Dining
2805/Christmas Tree Party
Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday





0 comments:

Post a Comment