Tuesday 10 May 2011

It's Official ... I'm a Stripper !!

Yes, folks, "Boom Boom Becca" has hit the stage, I mean dining room, and stripped the table top.  Woo Hoo !!

And, when I asked my husband to please come and take my picture because I was about to start stripping, I thought he was going to break his legs racing to the dining room!  Imagine his sheer disappointment, when he found me waiting for him, looking like this ... can you say *sex-ay* ?!  NOT (lol).


All I can say is I'm soooo glad I did this !!  This table is part of the set that my sister gave me when we moved into our home five years ago.  I love the set ... it just needed a little TLC, which I was afraid to do before now. 

BEFORE:  Cherry table ... quite a few dings in it:


AFTER:  Now dark walnut, which matches the sideboard much better!  (This picture is right after the 3rd coat of polycrylic ... not done yet).


It's FAR from perfect, but it'll do!  I simply stripped the top with Citristrip ... sanded with my palm sander ... coated with three coats of MinWax Dark Walnut ... and topped it off with a few coats of Polycrylic.  If I had to do it again, I would've heavily sanded after applying and removing the Citristrip.  Being my first time, I was afraid I'd gouge or truly ruin the table.  I'll know better next time, fo' sho' !!

I also painted the bases BM White Dove ... annnnd, of course, that meant I then had to distress, glaze and wax them to match the chairs:


The dining room is just about ready for its reveal !!

Thanks for stopping by,

*Boom Boom*

0 comments:

Post a Comment