Sunday 10 October 2010

Lighten and Brighten

Hope you all are enjoying the day.  It's absolutely gorgeous here ... I have *no* business being indoors, let alone playing on the computer!

So, I'm taking you into our sitting room today.  Some of you may remember that it used to look like this:


It was a yummy metallic chocolate brown (Ralph Lauren Metallic paint in Lush Brown), which I absolutely loved.  However, because the furniture in there is dark, the room began to close in on me. 

After:  I painted the walls BM Manchester Tan, switched out the furniture, the rug and window treatments. 


The chairs and ottoman are from the great room (which also has a new look). I've ordered natural colored slipcovers for the chairs ... hope they work.  And, a smaller jute rug replaced the larger, darker one we had.  I like having more of the wood floor exposed:

I found this silver tray at a local *ha-uge* antique store called B&B:


I've moved things around in the bookcase and have added a few Fall touches there, as well.  Love the vintage Tequila bottle (also found at B&B):


A baby white pumpkin is perched on a nest of shredded paper which all sit on top of cute bowl I just bought at a friend's awesome gift shop called Crazee Birds:


Fun textured pitchers (and, yes ... a-NOTHER bird plate).  I also lightened some of my books up by wrapping them in painter's paper (from Lowes):


This fancy mirror once *lived* in the dining room, but has since moved here:


And, a fun find from Home Goods:


We're really enjoying the new look in our sitting room, especially in the afternoons when the sun pours in through the windows.   


Well, I hope you have a wonderful day!  I'm off to finish up the dining room:


I'm linking up to:

BNOTP for Metamorphosis Monday

Make it for Monday

It's So Very Creative

Transformation Thursdays

Inspiration Friday

FJI for Saturday Nite Special


Thanks for stopping by,

0 comments:

Post a Comment