Monday 20 February 2012

Elements of "Little Man's" Room ...

Happy Monday ... hoping for better weather today than we had yesterday, for sure! 

I thought I'd share Jax's room today, even though this room is barely used.  When we transitioned his nursery into a *little boy* room (*sigh*) a few years ago, I knew I wanted to do it in a colorful sports theme. 

Handsome, classic sports bedding from PB Kids became my starting point, along with a white simple down comforter (from JCP):


That led to adding vibrant art (from Home Goods):


Soft sports balls cradled in a sports net (also from PB Kids):


Fun, vintage art (from Land of Nod):


and, a little spot to "READ" (book rack from PB holds just a few of his many books ... vinyl words made by a friend, and the NY bench a gift from his Aunt):


I then added little embellishments, like memories of Disney:


A fish tank that, okay, sits empty, waiting for "Otto" to come back visiting his friends in the ocean.  (Yes, I'm *that* Mom who still doesn't have the heart to tell her son that his fishie died ... a YEAR ago!):


Cute sports lamps from Target ... love the whistle pull:


Mailbox numbers from Lowe's (already with adhesive on the back) to embellish his dresser drawers:


A coat rack, placed low, to serve as an easy spot to hang little hats and medals:


And, of course, Jax had to add something, too ... his handcrafted T-Rex to scare away the "yucky monsters!"


All of these elements come together to create his *2x2* space.  Paint colors:  SW Blonde and SW Rain (accent wall).  Roman shade also from PB Kids:


Shelves from Lowe's:



Now, it's time that I give his playroom a tad bit of a makeover ... graduating from *little boy* to *big* little boy.  I'm going to retire the vibrant primary colors and use a softer palette of navy blue, tan and white.  Imagine my excitement to have recently found these at Good Will ... two 80" valances, matching pillow and three bedshams, complete with Dillard's tags ... ALL for only $11.  Score!  I can't wait to get started!


As always, thanks so much for stopping by!

I'm joining Thrifty Decor Chick/Show Us Your House

0 comments:

Post a Comment