Saturday 7 January 2012

Spread'n the LOVE!

Christmas(?) ... what Christmas?!  That was *ages* ago!  LOL.  And, now that it's over, it's time to spread the l-o-v-e around our humble abode! 

I've never been one to decorate for Valentine's, BUT, this year, I just wasn't ready to take down the tree from our kitchen island.  Soooo, I replaced our elves and gingerbread men with inexpensive hearts of different colors and textures, red and white striped mesh and ribbon filled with glittery hearts: 


Aren't these felt hearts from Target the cutest?  You'd never know that they're Christmas ornaments, would you?  A sweet friend I met through Facebook suggested I take a peek at them.  They're perfect (especially at 50% off)!


Love all the glitter:


A vintage "love" note is a great filler and down below is one of a few ornaments Jax made (from Michael's):


Of course, I couldn't stop there ... so, I added inexpensive heart bowls (from Wal-Mart) filled with good ol' Brach's *rot-your-teeth-out* candy hearts:


Annnnd, up on our shelves (a la Becca), I left the red and white polka dot bowl from Christmas and then decided to mimick it by adding a canister full of Valentine gumballs (from Cracker Barrel), as well as miniature red and white Christmas balls to a clear wine glass:


Down below, I added a French lamp (that I had on our screened porch) to this little vignette:


And, since the lampshade says "patisseries," it was only fitting that I place a sweet *faux* treat under the cloche:


Over to the left ... I brought back a white tray and then added a red striped napkin and placed our scale on top of that ... shiny red apples took the place of our sweet treats from Christmas.


And, well, I was happy to bring back my "summer" cookbooks ... yes, folks, I'm ready for warm weather!


Self-adhesive hearts (with my chicken scratch) add a bit of color and whimsy to our glass canisters:


Too bad *these* treats AREN'T fake!  Ugh.


This candle was lonely until I paired it with leftover hearts ... what an inexpensive way to add a bit of fun ... I *know* you have a lonely candle somewhere, too, just waiting for a bit of company!


Of course, I couldn't forget the soffit:


I love our little tree all lit up ... hmmmm, a St. Patty's tree might just be next!  LOL


Have a fabulous weekend ... thanks so much for stopping by!

I'm joining:

A Stroll Thru Life/Tabletop Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Coastal Charm/Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
No Minimalist Here/Open House Party
Dear Lillie/Valentine's Party




0 comments:

Post a Comment