Sunday 3 April 2011

Come Gather at Our Table ...

The breakfast area ... a/k/a my *office* ... the spot where I pay the bills for my brothers' surf shop ... the spot where I blog ... and, the spot where I'm inspired by all of you creative peeps!


An old silver platter, pitchers, Wedgewood/Florentine china (from my sweet Mom), flowers and antique silver serve as the centerpiece: 


While at PB the other week, I spotted their antique silver line, which are all etched ... beautiful!  I wanted to buy every single piece!  However, the prices quickly ended that love affair.  I did manage, however, to grab these pretty cheese knives (that I mixed in with other flatware): 


I love the vintage detail:


And, okay, the matching salt and pepper shakers jumped in my basket, too.  *Hate* when that happens ...


The metal/wood piece mounted above the window is from HomeGoods, and the window treatments are from PB. In order to save moola, I bought two panels and cut them up the middle, making four narrower panels!


On to the dry bar, which we added to our breakfast area two years ago ...



A vintage wine barrel "lazy susan" serves as a backdrop to my Southern Living tray (recently spray painted white), filled with wine bottles and corks:

A fun *bling-bling* wine stopper from a great friend:



And, nothing says French like fake cheeses, grapes and a "Bordeaux" cheese knife, right?  (lol)


And, a mercury votive illuminates an apothecary jar filled with corks:


I love seeing the sunlight stream in again!  We've had *enough* of the rain!



Have a great day!  I'm off to continue another project that I look forward to sharing with you ...


Thanks for stopping by!

I'm off to play at fun parties ... please join me!

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
BTOTP/Metamorphosis Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
A Stroll Thru Life/Tabletop Tuesday
DIY by Design/Swing into Spring
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
Elements Interiors/Whassup Wednesday

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment