Monday 11 April 2011

C'est Fini (for the moment, anyway) ...

If you look up OCD in the dictionary, there I am.  When it comes to change, I simply can't do just "one" thing or piece, I have to do several.  I become obsessive about it ... sadly, I'm not kidding!  Please tell me I'm not alone.


Case in point ... our sitting room.  This is what it looked like not too long ago:


And, well, in my attempt to lighten and brighten, giving it a Pottery Barn *coastal-y* feel, here she is today!  Just a tad different, right?  (lol)  There is a whole laundry list of things I've changed within the last few weeks!  It started with me bringing in the loveseat from our great room and adding back one of our wing chairs.  I then added white slipcovers to them (from Sure Fit).
  

The pillows on my loveseat (from PB and one covered with blue fabric) used to live in our master bedroom):


 I then added a linen slipcover (also from Sure Fit) to the ottoman.

 
I then changed out the window treaments ... almost knocking someone over at a local fabric store to snatch the fabric up when I spotted it!  This is the same lush zebra fabric that is now on the bar stools in our great room:

  
One of the biggest changes is that I bit the bullet and painted the bookcase!  I attacked it with my new fave, BM White Dove.  I lightly sanded it ... painted one coat of KILZ primer, followed by two coats of White Dove (allowing pee-lenty of time for the paint to dry in between coats):


To continue the *coastal* feeing, I added vintage nautical wallpaper to the back of the bookcase (using double-sided tape):  I intentionally darked the colors in this picture so you can see the details of the paper better.  (Feel free to click on pic to enlarge):

I had fun accessorizing the bookcase ... a sea fan serves as a backdrop to this clear hurricane (filled with sand, candle and shells) and a small anchor (Home Goods).  Of course, I had to add one of my vintage books that, coincidentally, has wonderful shades of blue on the cover):


And, thanks to Layla at The Lettered Cottage for this fun Spring saying that I printed and added to my mirrored frame:


Because of the soft splashes of blue in the wallpaper, I thought I'd add more blue accents, so I brought this table in from my master bath.  I then added leftover zebra fabric to the lampshade and painted the once gold vintage mirror BM White Dove:


After the paint dried, I sanded random areas to expose the gold (click on pic to enlarge, if you'd like):


Brought in the trophy vase for a pop of silver (and, oops, I need to finish hot glueing the fabric to the shade):


I also brought in these prints that used to live in our master bedroom:


So, now, pretty much, our master bedroom is empty!  Gee, I wonder what that means ...

Thanks so much for visiting!  I'm off to decorator's rehab!  As I'm sure I'll be kicked out, I'll be back soon so show you how I made the "GATHER" sign above the bookcase!


Have a great day!  I'm off to party at:

BNOTP/Metamorphosis Monday
Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
A Stroll Thru Life/Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm/Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
A Silly Little Sparrow/Toot Your Horn Tuesday
The House in the Roses/Show off Your Cottage
The DIY Showoff/Project Parade
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
The Stories of A to Z/Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Type A/Anything Goes Party
Southern Savvy Style/WUW
Elements Interiors/Whassup Wednesday
Momma Hen/Whatever Wednesday
DIY by Design/Swing into Spring
No Minimalist Here/Open House Thursday
The Shabby Chic Cottage/Transformation Thursday
A Soft Place to Land/Decorating with Maps
Common Ground/Vintage Inspiration Friday
Designer Garden/VIP Party
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating/Flaunt it Friday
Finding Fabulous/Frugalicious Friday
Miss Mustard Seed/Furniture Feature Friday
Thrifty Decor Chick/Before and After Party

Becca





0 comments:

Post a Comment