Tuesday 1 March 2011

EGG-zactly What is My Problem?

Happy March!  We made it ... goodbye winter and *please* don't come back for a LONG time!

On a recent trip to Pottery Barn, I found the prettiest faux robin's eggs!  Because they were so reasonably priced, I bought a large bag of them, along with a bag of larger, cream eggs.  Then, when I hit Home Goods, I came upon a pack of three nests filled with various sized cream eggs, too!  I had to have them since a box of three was only $6.99!  I've enjoyed placing them all around the house; however, I think I've overdosed on them just a tad!  Come and see: 

We'll start in the kitchen ... my Home Goods cake stand and cloche house some of the robin's eggs, which I placed in a nest (from Michael's) and then rested all of that on shredded paper (click on pic to enlarge, if you'd like):


In the dining room, I threw one of the nests with eggs from Home Goods into my arrangement.  Why not(?), I say.


My son thinks these are dinosaur eggs!  LOL


Beside the arrangement, more robin's eggs landed on the silver candle holders.  The beautiful blue color reminds me of pieces of turquoise:


In the sitting room, a cream ceramic bowl (which I shared last week) has yet aNOTHER nest of robin's eggs surrounded by vintage book pages bound in twine, seashells and orbs. 


I like these eggs and nests so much, that I even grabbed a cream picture frame that I wasn't using ... removed the glass ... added a burlap backing and hot glued the eggs into the nest, which I then hot glued to the burlap.  I love the pop of blue.  Yes, I'm crazy ... go ahead and say it:


I also went ahead and threw the last three robin's eggs into a cocktail glass, which sits upon a beautiful cake platter (from PB) that my sweet friend, Hayley, recently gave me!


Over in the great room, I found two matching vases (from Tuesday Morning), in which I mixed real branches and faux flowers.  I then thought it'd be fun to place the larger eggs in the base of the vase, as well:


Unexpected, but fun (I think ... I hope):


Got a basket filled with greenery?  Why not throw a nest with a few eggs in there!


So, now I'm down to one egg-filled nest. I *think* I found the perfect place for it!  A bird corsage ... just what every girl has always wanted !!  LOL



Thanks for stopping by~

Join these wonderful blogs for a few great parties:

A Stroll Thru Life/Tabletop Tuesday

Savvy Southern Style/WUW


At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday

Finding Fabulous/Frugalicious Friday

Be Different Act Normal/Show and Tell Saturday

Under the Table and Dreaming/Sunday Showcase

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment