Sunday 5 December 2010

Christmas Dining!

Happy Sunday!  Okay, I simply canNOT believe that we're already into December!  I hope that all of you have been smarter than me and have started (if not finished) your holiday shopping!  I need to put it into high gear this week and start crossing things off my list!

In the meantime, here are some pics of my Christmas dining room!  Admittedly, I absolutely loved decorating this room this year because I recently redid it.  The walls used to be metallic chocolate brown and reds, golds and greens dominated this space.  I lightened this space up by painting the walls BM Manchester Tan.  I also traded the china hutch for an antique sideboard ... slipcovered some of the chairs ... added a huMONGO mirror and floating shelves (that will probably come crashing down any second), and added gold/satin-y panels, raising them almost to the ceiling.

So, I'll be quiet now and just let you take a peek (feel free to click on any picture to enlarge it):


I placed two manzanita branches, along with a few smaller white filler branches in my mercury glass vase and randomly hung ornaments consisting of red/apple green/silver balls, snowflakes and icicles!  All ornaments (except for the icicles) are from Wal-Mart ... score!


The table is *prettied up* with white and silver snowflake china I found at Target.  I added mercury glass votives to the middle of each plate and dripped silver and clear beads around it. 


I love how it looks lit up at night:


Above the table, I *bling-a-fied* our chandie by adding soft garland ... crystals ... beaded garland and glittery words of "joy," "peace" and "noel."



Glancing over at the sideboard, you'll see I added festive, inexpensive garland (from Big Lots), along with nutcrackers decked out in silver glitter and sequins!  I absolutely love the horsemen nutcrackers I spotted not too long ago at Home Goods!



And, what's an apothecary jar without snow and ornaments tossed in?


Of course, I had to throw a few ornaments in the bowl perched on my tea service:


 Annnnd, I added bows to the cream pillows to jazz them up a tad:


The floating shelves have just a tad of garland from Big Lots, along with more of the snowflake china:


And, I decided to keep my plates wrapped in twine, with family pictures ... I just added a few glittery snowflakes to Christmas them up a bit!


Well, friends, the dinner bell is about to ring !!


After you're done eating, you should hop on over to these fabulous blogs and join the festive parties:










 

Take care,


0 comments:

Post a Comment