Thursday 16 April 2015

Rock To Rocking Rock

Last weekend I gave my garden TLC after almost 10 months. Which is very very long time and unusual for me to stay away from my garden. Well, after spending few hours there in my garden re- potting, manuring, pruning and dead heading, not only my garden looks neat, clean and reinvigorated  now but it was a soothing and therapeutic for me too. 

Pebble Painting

When I was re-potting a plant, I found a rock in soil and the very next moment I wound up all my gardening work, got the rock on my desk and began playing with my imaginations. 

Garden Accessories

Though there are lots of inspiration available on various sources on internet for rock painting but what satisfies me the most is when I paint my own imagination. I thought I will make a bird then I though a flower then peacock was in my mind but then I saw a butterfly in my garden and that's where I drew my inspiration from.  


Garden Accessories

Painted butterfly in vibrant colours and gave background a mottled effect that I learnt from my mother when I was child. Whenever I paint I always think of her :)
Then the top of the rock was looking little blank and my butterfly was lonely too. So I painted everyone's favourite frangipani flower and on the other side of the rock painted some tiny yellow flowers. 

Garden Accessories


Now it was time to bring it back in the garden and see.....
it has added charm to my garden.

Garden Accessories


So what if my dwarf Ixora has stopped blooming, I can add colours this way :)

Garden Accessories

Now can someone please give me some more rocks and pebbles. My hands are still itching to paint more...!!

Garden Accessories

Would love to hear from you. Did you like my painted rock. 
Stay tuned to know what's exciting coming next.



0 comments:

Post a Comment