Thursday 4 December 2014

Our Christmas Foyer ...

Happy Holidays, friends!  

Can you believe we're already into December?  Not me!  But, that hasn't stopped us from decking the halls and "fa la la la la-ing" around our new home.

When it comes to holiday decorating, I'm a fan of "themes," whether it's colors or a "story."  Like here in our foyer, where I've gone with a simple, traditional theme with hints of a vintage Christmas.


When you first walk in, you're greeted by our accent chest and the first (of 12, yikes) trees ... this one dressed in reds, golds and greens.


Our Victorian carolers are ready to serenade you ...


singing "Silent Night," as large snow flakes fall.



Over on our tree, of course, I had to start with a crazy topper ...


and then filled it with glittery ribbons, poinsettia leaves and the "12 Days of Christmas" ornaments (another song for our carolers to sing).


I also added our oversized musical instruments to serve as background music as the carolers sing to our special friends, whose Christmas cards from years' past are lovingly tucked in the branches.


And, at the back of our foyer, I added a bit of Christmas, too, with pretty plates and holiday pillows.


I love BHG's line of Christmas plates (Wal-Mart), even wishing I could step into the scene:


They even added a few new plates this year, like this sweet one:


A simple wreath hung on our secretary reminds us of the "JOY" of the season!


I love it all "aglow."


I hope you'll join me as I share more of our holiday home in the days to come, including our mantel, where I'm excited to be a part of this upcoming blog hop!


Thanks for stopping by,
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment