Tuesday 2 July 2013

Sitting Room Changes ... Again

Greetings, friends!  

I hope you are enjoying the holiday week and have fun plans with family and friends to look forward to in a few days!

Here in the Southeast, we are ready to say goodbye to the DAYS of rain that we've had!  I'm pretty sure that is what has caused me to mess around in our sitting room and make a few unplanned changes.  

BEFORE:


AFTER:  Can you spot the differences?


I decided that our bookcase needed a little bit of "oomph," so I washed it with a mixture of CeCe Caldwell's Seattle Mist and Simply White.  I then added a fun, French fabric to the back of the bookcase for a bit of interest and contrast:


I love how the accent pieces pop against it:


The fabric even pulls out the gray in the shell, too:


I then added a small starburst mirror (from Ballard) to the front of the bookcase for a bit of interest:


And, when I replaced this coffee table (from Pottery Barn) in our great room (I'll share all the changes in there soon), I decided to try it out in our sitting room, but not before giving it a little facelift.  

BEFORE:


AFTER:  See what a couple of coats of Annie Sloane's "Pure White" can do?


Of course, you know I couldn't resist distressing it just a tad:



While I still envision 4 chairs in my little "Mom cave," I'll enjoy this look until I find just what I'm looking for (wish me luck)!


As always, thanks so much for stopping by!  And, hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July!

Come join the fun at:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment