Thursday 7 February 2013

The Domino Effect

Isn't it funny how one little purchase can catapult you into a full blown decorating frenzy?  When we bought this secretary (which I transformed from Mahogany stained secretary to "Pure White" - transformation here) ...


(to which I then just added a coat of "Duck Egg" on the back of the inside), I never realized that that little purchase would cause me to go into ADD (Attention *Decorating* Disorder) overload!


You see, because of where we placed the new secretary, that meant I had to find a new home for the buffet that had lived there for a few years.  Glancing around, the only logical place to put it seemed to be in the alcove beside our fireplace.

Once we placed it there, my husband then decided that we needed a larger TV to balance better with the newly added buffet (LOL ... love how he actually tried to use that for his argument).  Actually, we had been planning on replacing it, anyway.

But, because of the new TV, I thought it'd be nice to have more seating in here  ... so, in came the love seat from the sitting room:


Of course, a few pillows *had* to be added:



And, then, as I was sitting at our breakfast table, peering into the great room with its new arrangement, I thought to myself "if only there were enough room to add a sofa table behind the sofa.  I've always wanted to try that, but just never have ... that was, until now!


I grabbed the table that I had recently added to the sitting room and placed it in its new spot.  I then added a basket underneath, which serves as a great place to hide the *not-so-pretty* woofer to the TV's surround bar system:


I kept one of the accent chairs in here ... brought the blue lamp back in (the beautiful lamp my Mom bought me is now in the office) and added another garden seat (from TJMaxx):


This sweet pillow from Home Goods was a fun, inexpensive addition, too!


While I wish our great room was a bit wider, I'm enjoying the cozy feel that this new *decorating frenzy* arrangement brings:


What decorating frenzies have been going on in your house, lately?!


Thanks for stopping by,

(I'm linking up with):

French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday
Jennifer Rizzo/Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures


Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment