Wednesday 16 January 2013

An Unexpected Valentine Mantel

Greetings, friends!

Gone is the glitter, faux snow and reindeer; however, one thing that didn't have to leave after Christmas were splashes of red ... thanks to Valentine's Day! 

After running into World Market a couple of weeks ago to grab one "little" thing, I found myself unexpectedly loading a NOT-so-little thing into my car.  That purchase then became the surprise focal point for our Valentine's Day mantel:


Of course, I *then* found my car driving on auto pilot to Michael's to find a few goodies to complement such unexpected purchase! First, I spotted simple, inexpensive red vases to add faux florals (already had on hand): 


Next, while there, I found a pack of red and pink hearts, which I would later embellish with smaller Martha Stewart adhesive hearts and hang at varying heights across the mantel:


And, what's Valentine's Day without Cupid?  These cuties were actually part of a gift bag ... I simply detached them from the bag and gave them a spot on the mantel, as well, along with a few, scattered rose petals:  



Plain, white candles were given a bit of Valentine whimsy by adding layers of decorative ribbon:


Lastly, after finding these cute, adhesive tiles, I thought it'd be fun to frame them:  


One last peek at our unexpected Valentine mantel:


Thanks for stopping by ... hope to see your unexpected additions, too!

Come play:

Savvy Southern Style/WUW
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday
Jennifer Rizzo/Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment