Sunday 30 September 2012

Fall Buffet

It's beginning to feel like Fall ... yay!  How about where you are?
 
Don't you just love being able to create seasonal vignettes out of things that you already have on hand?  That's exactly how I created our Fall buffet:

 
To give our lamp a little bit of Fall, I framed a leaf in a frame I already had (from Dollar Tree) and rested it on the lamp's ledge:
 
 
A beautiful handcrafted velvet pumpkin (that I won last year from my sweet and talented blogging friend, Lu) rests alongside of a lantern filled with leaves, burlap and candle:
 
 
A simple bowl filled with leaves, pinecones, pumpkins, guords and, of course, a starfish.  I found the fun subway art on Pinterest (click here for source) ... and simply printed it off and *lazily* mounted it to the back of a leftover piece of beadboard since I didn't have a large enough frame on hand:

 
Fall florals fill a pitcher I also had on hand:

 
I love the ambiance that the lit branches and candles add in the evening:


And, while I love battery operated candles, there's nothing like *true* candlelight, is there?
 

 
The best part of our Fall buffet?  The total cost to create it was $0.00!
 
 
Well, I'm off to slip into some super cute elastic waistband pants and overindulge on chicken chili and football.  Have a great day, everyone ... thanks for stopping by,
 
Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment