Thursday 30 August 2012

Wall Makeover : Wall With Personal Touch

This is the very first makeover of my place that I started from foyer. Come on and first have a look at before and after of the entrance.


Wall_1

What a wonderful difference. I am totally loving it. Images are not doing justice though :-(
Now the story of this wall transformation goes like this.........

Wall_2

In my home I want everything with my personal touch or I can say everything made by or done by me. I am on way to fill colors in my home (my blank canvas) and I started from foyer. First I thought of stenciling the wall and one more idea was to draw a free hand design. So just for a rough idea I came up with these two images. Sent these pics to my sister and she gave me go ahead with freehand design.

Wall_3

I wanted the color of wall to be bright as the entrance to my home is little cozy and dark. I chose lot of bright colors and then zeroed in on this mango yellow. My li'l one was ready to lend his helping hand for sanding, priming, painting and designing the wall. 4 Yr old and did it so well that I was just amazed to see everything he has done. Kids these days are very smart :-)

Wall_4

Then I drew freehand design on the wall and started filling brown color to it. 

Wall_5


Though it was freehand design I wanted to give it a look of stencil. For Lotus I was confused between white and red color. White looked better..........

Wall_6


Steps involve in making leaves..........

Wall_7

Here's a look after filling color but something was missing........

Wall_8


Filled golden color in leaves veins and it looked perfect.

http://designdecoranddisha.blogspot.in


 Here is the completed wall ....looking bright and beautiful.......but still something is missing......

Wall_10


Idea clicked and I'm ready with my weapons and lil' one is busy clicking progress of the work.

Wall_11


Here comes the complete look. Look that gave me full satisfaction. It turned out far more better than my imagination. And here I wanted to let all my friends know that this sunburst mirror is also my creation and I created it in only 3hrs because I was in hurry to complete this wall as soon as possible (Sometimes I become so impatient).

Wall_12


It feels great, wonderful, amazing when you see your own creations everywhere around your dwelling.

Wall_13

This wall is so me. Everything on this wall describes me. Sometimes a just sit and keep admiring the beauty of this wall....crazy me ;)

Wall

Let me know your views and ideas about this wall.
Click the link below for Sunburst mirror tutorial:
Sunburst Mirror Tutorial
Loved my blog, then probably you don't want to miss any update, Click here to like my Facebook Page!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment