Sunday 17 July 2011

OCD + Chalk Paint =

ME ... LOL !! 

Before long, I'm afraid that everything in our home will be covered in this fabulous paint !!  I've now stepped it up a notch by painting a more "permanent" piece in our home ... the built-in dry bar we added in our breakfast area a couple of years ago!  My goal was to make this look like a seperate piece of furniture ... different from the neighboring kitchen cabinets.

BEFORE: 

AFTER:  Yippeeeeee.  Lovin' its new *character* 


One coat of Old White was followed by almost two coats of Chateaux Grey.  Of course, a bit of distressing was in order:


Naturally, I had to switch up the counter a bit, too:





To create my little *faux* menu, I bought an inexpensive piece of black poster board and cut it to fit inside a frame I wasn't using.   I then used my handy dandy chalk ink markers to create a menu:


Soup, anyone?


You may have noticed that I took the glass doors off of the center bump out cabinets.  I love having this as my display area now (I'm on the lookout for fabric or wallpaper to add to the back):


BEFORE:


AFTER:  *Buh-bye* doors!



It's fun being able to pull out a few of my white pieces that have been hidden away behind cabinet doors:



I moved this "lazy Susan" to the top of the cabs:


And, I also added new, inexpensive knobs (from Lowe's):


One last little peek.  I'm still debating what I'll do with the backsplash ... decisions, decisions ....


Thanks for coming on ova!  Have a fabulous day!

And, I'm giving a big blogger "thank you" to Amber and Brad of Shades of Amber for featuring my buffet, which I painted with Old White chalk paint.  What fun that they're hosting a chalk paint party every week now!  Uh oh ... this could be trouble.  Be sure and pay them a visit!  They're also hosting a fabulous chalk paint giveaway!

Don't forget to swing on by these fun linky parties for lots of inspiration:

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
BNOTP/Metamorphosis Monday
Shades of Amber/Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Party
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday
Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment