Sunday 9 January 2011

I'll Miss You, Red ...

Happy Sunday. What's your weather doing?  We are preparing for a bit of winter weather here in Myrtle Beach.  Seeing as we don't even have a snow plow, per se, any snow or ice will, undoubtedly, shut our entire area down!

I've been meaning to share the new look our great room has.  Last Fall, I decided it was time to trade out our red sofa.  I loved it, but, again, we'd had it for awhile, and I just really wanted to lighten it up a bit.  Too, I thought it'd be nice to have the option of being able to add other colors in that might not work with the red.  Plus, we wanted to add a loveseat for additional seating.

Here is BEFORE (feel free to click on pics to enlarge):


And, here is AFTER:  


We found a wonderful sofa and love seat at a "pre-Labor Day" sale at La-Z-Boy.  I chose the fabric, and they were delivered four weeks later.  We're really pleased with their neutral color, and how well they work with our accent chairs.  You may notice that the love seat isn't pictured.  Well, surprise, suprise, I've already moved it to another spot.  lol

You might also notice the rug is different, as well.  I found a fun, shag rug at Lowe's for a great price.  I love throwing a little bit of contemporary in.

On the sofa are a few fun pillows from PB and World Market:


The coffee table (also from Pottery Barn) is quite a bit smaller than the other one, and I love the drawers where I can hide the remote, coasters, etc.

I found this handsome horse at Home Goods:


I also retired the window panels to the sitting room. BEFORE:


And, AFTER:  I went with the 108" panels in Classic Linin from PB.  I'm pretty pleased with them.  And, now they match the ones in the breakfast area.  We also added the bamboo shades, as well.


On over to the mantle ... here is what it looks like today.  And, while I'm not exactly crazy about this arrangement, it will do for now.



And, here is the vignette on the buffet table in the great room, as well (still tweaking):



As I mentioned, I've already moved the love seat which was sitting perpendicular to the new sofa, to a new spot.  I'll show you where I dropped it next time you stop by.

I'm off to work on my header, which is in desperate need of a "new do"!   Thanks again for stopping by.  I'm sure I'll crash a few parties at the following wonderful blogs.  Come and join the parties:

Have a great day,

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment