Sunday 24 January 2010

Skip to my loo ...

the guest loo, that is.  Between 1) the creative bathroom re-dos I've been drooling over here in Bloggerville; 2) Rhoda (at Southern Hospitality) chatting about the return of wallpaper (click here to read her great post); and 3) my current love affair with brown, I thought I'd share our guest bath.  I've always been a little scared of wallpaper ... as one who likes to change things around a bazillion times, its simply too much of a commitment for me. LOL. HowEVER, when I spotted this lovely brown paper, dressed with large, gold decorative circles and apple green accents, I just HAD to have it.  I was ready to walk down the aisle and say "I do" to it.  So, I did.

I don't have a before picture of this little room (just imagine *builder-white* paint ev.er.ree.where.), but here it is, all dressed up.  Yippee.  I love the mix of the brown, gold and green.  (Feel free to click on any pic to enlarge.)


We added the glass shelving unit and went with accessories in creams and golds ... thought they might bounce nicely off of the wallpaper.  And, while I am in NO way "crafty-creative," it was super easy to make the "B" initial by enlarging a font (Monotype Corsiva) up to, I believe, 240 pt, and then framing it.


I chose a gold, metallic shower curtain to "bling" the room up a bit and added the apple green textured fabric above to give the room more height (pulled out the ol' glue gun to adhere the tassle fringe). 


Towels courtesy of SteinMart ...


We also added crown molding and painted the ceiling Ralph Lauren Metallics/Golden Candlesticks. (I kid you not ... the ceiling in every room of our house is going to end up being painted this color!!)


Annnnd, just pretend that I've already added molding (painted Golden Candlesticks) around the mirror to dress it up and tie in with the ceiling paint.  Alas, I'm also going to be adding a bronzey-gold faucet ... I'm *this* close to knocking that out myself calling a plumber to do the switcharoo for me.


Well, if you're still with me, I sincerely thank you for stopping by my little guest bath ... can't wait to post pics when I complete the finishing touches (and work on my photography skills).  As always, I'm open to any ideas on how to improve !!  And, I'm also working on redoing our master bath (currently repainting and re-accessorizing) ... imagine that !!  Hello, my name is Becca, and I have a problem !!

I'm linking up with:

Make your Monday at Twice Remembered

Make it for Monday at Cottage Instincts

Made it Monday at The Persimmons Perch

Making the World Cuter Monday

It's So Very Creative at Cheri's

Toot Your Horn Tuesdays

Do it Yourself Tuesday at a Soft Place to Land

Transformation Thursday at the Shabby Chic Cottage

Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home

Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous

Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk

Fondly,

0 comments:

Post a Comment